periactin canada Meditation is such an important part of a balanced life. Since it requires no equipment and just a little time, anyone can do it. In a matter of moments, meditation can change your breathing, lower your blood pressure and relieve both mental and physical tension. Meditation is not a religious practice, nor is it just quiet time, when we sit and review the difficulties of the day. Meditation is simply a method of relaxation, focusing on “nothingness”.
lariam usa Here are some steps I recommend for successful meditation.
- Find a quiet corner in your home and ask to not be disturbed for a period of 5-20 minutes.
- Eliminate outside noise and keep the ringer off your phone. I prefer complete silence for meditation, but some people prefer soft, instrumental music. Find what works best for you.
- Using a small pillow, sit cross legged on the floor. If this is too difficult, sit in a chair.
- Practice great posture and keep your spine tall to allow your lungs to expand.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath in. Fill your entire lungs. Hold for a few seconds and slowly exhale. Repeat slowly for a few moments. Don’t breathe too fast or you will become lightheaded.
- You will be amazed at how difficult it is to keep your mind “empty”. Concentrate on your breathing to keep your mind from other thoughts. As you get comfortable with your breathing, however, you will notice your mind start to wander. Most of us will start thinking about our “to do” list or a stressful situation. When this happens, gently stop the thought and focus again on your breathing. If your mind continues to wander, try repeating a peaceful word. Another way to keep your mind “empty” is with your eyes closed, focus on the space between your eyes.
shatavari resort price Some people choose to meditate in the morning, so they start the day calm and balanced. Others prefer to meditate at the end of the evening as a wind down in preparation for a good sleep. There is no “best time”, only the time that is best for you. Give meditation a try and see the benefits for yourself.