These exercises are perfect for travel, because they are all done while seated. Do ten repetitions every 30 minutes and hold each exercise for a count of five.
- Calf Stretches: Pull your foot and toes up towards the ceiling and hold.
- Seated Pelvic Tilts: Discretely tighten your abdomen and pull your belly button towards your spine. This opens the joint spaces in the lower back and strengthens your core muscles to support your spine.
- Leg Lifts: Slightly raise your knees up towards your chin, just enough for the back of your legs to come off the seat.
- Range of Motion of Ankles: Draw the alphabet, letter by letter, with each foot. Print or cursive or both.
- Chest Stretches: Stretch your chest open by pulling your shoulders back against the seat as well as pulling the shoulder blades down towards your waist.
- Hamstring Stretches: Keeping your spine straight (do not roll forward) lean forward with one leg straight out and the other knee bent. Feel the stretch in the back of your leg. Pull your foot towards you and now you will feel the back of the calf stretch as well.